Saturday, February 23, 2008
The Future
Last year, when we got the explore tests, saying what our skills and interests might show would be a good career path for us, I got section 99. Section 99 is where theyre basically saying "we dont really know". Incidentally, I don't really know what i want to do with my future. I don't know if this is bad but i really haven't made any plans. I can get up to college; i want to go to a four year college, and i want to run on the team there. Though i love running, i can't really see it going anywhere, as most professional runners show a greater aptitude than i have for racing by the time they had ran as much as me. As a kid, the only thing i recall wanting to be is when i was around 3 or 4, and i wanted to be a mommy. This sounds kinda lame, but I guess there are some things that could help me figure out what i should do with my future. I like helping people, cooking, i don't mind kids or cleaning too much. So maybe i should open a resturant. Now i know this is pretty impractical, and starting businesses is difficult to say the least. But for this blog's purpose i'm going to say that this is what i want to do. Science ties into cooking in many obvious ways. Without chemical reactions and just basically almost anything with cooking is science. This doesn't really tie into running, i'm not sure i would even want a running career with that many pressures and such. I still dont really know what i want to do that is both practical and something i enjoy. Hopefully i have time to choose something that fits both catagories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Perhaps you are missing the bigger picture, remember what you have said about running. Is it the running that you enjoy or the qualities of running? what do you get from the running that you haven't yet found in other activities? Are there other activities that can similarly benefit you? what are they? how can those be turned into a career. By the way, if you like cooking and don't mind cleaning, come over to my house any time!
Amy, you sound rather unsure, but that is what I feel like. I don't know what for sure I want to do, and things I'm looking into don't really pertain to my favorite things to do.
If your not sure, keep your options open. You'll think of something but owning a restaurant sounds cool. I think "Hell's Kitchen" is the tightest show ever. You should try and get on something like that for a good kick-start into your business. (The winner gets a big restaurant in Vegas if you didn't know). I don't really know much about your cooking but your probably good so go for it.
i know what you're talking about. when i was really young the only thing i wanted to be when i grew up was a mom and i still am not so sure what job i want yet since there are so many options. i know you said that opening a restraunt isn't necessarily what you are going to do in the future i think that's a pretty cool job to write about. but keep thinking. you don't need to chose today or tomorrow just yet just because many people already have.
Post a Comment