Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Election

I'm probably not the most informed person on this topic, so i apologize now if i say something that's wrong, but I'll try not to. So basically i think that all of the main candidates right now would be okay, mostly because a lot of their views are incredibly similar, especially between Obama and Clinton. I tend to agree on the democratic side for most of the issues. For instance, I think that we probably went to war for the wrong reasons. I like that on the deocratic side the 'no child left behind act' is being reformed. Another issue that is big for me is stem cell research. When my brother was younger, the doctors thought he might need a liver transplant, so i have always thought that stem cell research might be a very good thing. My brother has meds so hes fine now but i still think its a good idea. I think that now espcially as they're finding new ways to make it more ethically acceptable that we should definately do it. I'm kind of realizing that this contradicts what i was saying in my post on 'the god particle' where i said that we should spend vast ammounts of money to look for things we might not know are there, like looking for cures to certain diseases with stem cell research. I like Obama better over Clinton, though they are very similar, for a few kinda relevant issues. I know that politics is tough and there's a lot of mud-slinging, especially in a race like the Democratic candidate one, but i dont think that it majes it right for Clinton to spread pictures of Obama wearing tribal clothes and try to make something of it. I don't want a president who, even in desperation, would do something like that. But like i said i'm not super informed about everything, but from what i do know this is what i think.

1 comment:

BVoight said...

Have investigated any information regarding John McCain and the republicans?