Change, I think, is a very broad topic. This is probably why it is so hard to find a general cause for what causes changes. From reading Madelyn and Subbu's blogs, I agree that changes are caused by needs and actions to survive. This is how we evolved, especially in prehistoric times when society and survival were based mainly on survival of the fittest. Today, however,as it is debated that modern medicine has made 'survival of the fittest' and natural selection obsolete, there must be other reasons for change. Many of the changes that we experience personally are caused by us, humans in general, and our decisions. All of our actions have consequences, like in a domino effect (haha). Everything that we do, no matter how insignificant or meaningless it seems causes a change somewhere else, like a neverending rube goldberg machine. I dont really know much about science or the world or life or very much in general, but this is what i think about what causes change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Nice job! YOu've given me many ideas for my own post! I also thought about the domino effect and reactions.
i completely agree with the whole change is too broad of a topic to give one specific reason for all change.
also, the rube goldberg connection was really clever and described what could be a very long description about a chain of events in just a few words.
well done! =]
Amy, I doubt very much that you don't know much about science or life in general. Give yourself some credit. All of us have amazing amounts of information in our brains. Just think, my two year old son probably knows more about the world than those cavemen in prehistoric times. Think of what you know! Besides, it is not so much what you know but what you do with it. I think you're well on your way, keep going!
Amy-
I agree with most of what you said except for the part about natural selection. I state this because last year natural selection was one of my main points in our English Debate. I believe that natural selection is still a major part of our society. Take your "kids" you have already selected the traits you wish them to have.
Yeah, I agree that any action, even a tiny one, would cause a change. And it WOULD be a domino effect. I think that actually, since the "beginning of time" there has been a continuous domino effect going on, branching out. As Dominique said, for infinity.
I know a few people have said this already, but I feel like saying it too. There is a lot of truth in saying that one change causes another, which causes another, which causes another. Nice analogies too, the rube goldberg and domino effect. It's very similar to that. What I wonder though, is there ever a change that causes absolutely no other changes? Like the last domino in the series. Is there ever a change that doesn't effect anything else, or does every single last miniscule change effect something else? I don't know. But it's made me think.
I'm not sure, but i think about how tor was saying if there was a change that ended the 'domino effect', some people would call the apocolypse. Some things though, seem so insignificant that i doubt myself saying that they have much impact on the world.
Post a Comment